I grew up loving my environment. As a born and bred kiwi (New Zealander), being passionate about our beautiful Earth is in my bones. Now, as a mature LLB student I'm working towards playing my role in creating sustainable and ethical solutions for the issues facing our environment. I believe that small changes accomplished by the masses can help just as much, if not more, than grand changes by the few. I hope to empower students in finding these small changes in their lives and support them in achieving these.
My Role as Environmental and Ethical Officer
- To share my passion for our environment and ethical practices by engaging with fellow students and creating a culture of sustainability at UoB
- To assess current systems, such as waste management and building efficiency, then work towards greener solutions
- Engage with the local community on joint projects and events
- Organise fun, inviting events for students which promote sustainability
- Overall, get people thinking and learning about this one-of-a-kind, life-giving planet we all live on