I am Paula Oluwaseyi, an LLM International and Commercial Law Student. I believe mature students have certain peculiarities and should not be left out, rather they should be able to equally experience the fullness of the University life. As such, I’m keen on making significant impact to this effect.
My Role as Mature Student Officer
- To represent Mature Students interests and to campaign on any relevant issues.
- Ensure mature students have a voice within the University community.
- Serve as a strong and reliable representation for mature students
- Prioritise the needs of the mature students’ needs especially with regards to academic development
- Root for 24 hours’ access to the library/specified study centre
- Create networking groups and periodic social events
- Ensure mature students at the University feel a sense of belonging
- Create a platform that enables mature students to contribute ideas and express their needs and make sure that these needs are adequately met.