WELCOME TO ACADEMIC SKILLS!
What we do
ASK stands for Academic Skills Know-how and we are the University of Buckingham’s Academic Skills team! Our aim is to offer you academic skills strategies to support your studies at the University and help you improve your grades.
We specialise in the area of Academic Communication, including all aspects and types of academic writing, critical thinking and presentation skills.
Induction session for students starting in Jan 2021:
Visit our other pages
Ways we can help you:
1:1 academic skills support
- These confidential sessions last for 30 minutes and you can book up to four a term according to need
- You can book a session by using the online booking calendar
- Please be sure to indicate the nature of your issue and you may bring your work with you to the appointment. We do not correct your work but can help you understand what is required so you know how to improve it yourself
Specialised dyslexia support
- Each term we focus on different key academic skills requested by students
- To reserve your place, please click here
Winter Term 2021 programme: