I started at the University of Buckingham in January 2019, studying BSc Accounting and Finance. When I left school in 2017, I originally went straight into full-time work, not thinking I would go to University, but it was through my work that I decided I wanted to study Finance further.
Having grown up locally and going to school here, I stayed home with my parents. This meant I put a lot of effort into getting involved in societies to make sure I could make the most of my time at Buckingham. I joined the Cheerleading society and am now also club Secretary. Now I’m moving into my second year, I have made the decision to move into Buckingham so that I can spend more time on campus and make the most of my final year here.
My Role as BSU President
- Represent the interests of the BSU, and its clubs, within the Students’ Union Executive
- Actively engage with both students and staff to build active participation in sport at the University
- Help aid in the development and support of all sports clubs
- Organise social sport events throughout the year, such as the Chancellors Cup and the Sports Awards
- I am working on increasing the exposure of the BSU, by holding more events for the general student population
- Increasing the communication between the sports clubs and the BSU exec so that we can spread information easily
- Creating more commitment during club training sessions – we are doing this by including incentives for those students who go to all of their training sessions